Thursday, February 11, 2010

And the winner is...

Hold on a sec. I first want to thank everyone that voted! There were over 400 votes cast! I got lots of really sweet emails and compliments on the photographs of all of your beautiful children. It makes my day when parents tell me they started crying (a good cry) after seeing the pictures I have taken, and this time, it was my turn to cry (cause let's face it, I am a total crybaby, I cried during the scene in Home Alone when MacCauley Culkin's character wakes up on Christmas Day and goes searching for his family and they aren't there. oh gosh, I am sniffling thinking about that scene!!) when I got this email:

You are a very gifted photographer and are giving these families such great memories - you have not only found a profession you have found a calling.

In this instance I stand in awe of their selection of you as their photographer - please consider this a vote for your picture #40. It is a beautiful picture, a reflection of a mother's desire to teach her child. It doesn't matter what the book - Bible, text, great novel, its the idea of passing on wisdom, information, or good tidings to the child, the look on the mother's face of devotion and care for the child, and the childs amazing response of interest in what she is being shown. Excellent work and equally excellent subjects.

OK, floodgate has been opened. Must stop crying before kids wake up and see me and wonder what is wrong with Mommy.

This email made me laugh:

Love the one with the mom and daughter blowing dandelions. Seriously, made me want to have a kid. Seriously. You ought to be proud.

And, I do think the
Hokey Pokey IS what it is all about

Without further ado, the winner is...


This family already has a session booked with me later this summer as they welcome a new addition to the family, whoo hoo! Congrats!!

There were some runner ups (is that a word?!?) that came in close and I have decided to offer a consolation prize. Each of these families will receive a $40 print credit on their next 2010 session!!

#13
#14
#11
#47
#48
#40
#2
#43
#25

Thanks again to all who voted! This was so fun!!

Oh, and those that voted for the winning photograph will receive a $25 print credit on their 2010 session. If you are one of those people that voted for #24 and are interested in booking a 2010 session, shoot me an email (tracy@doe-ee-bird.com) and we'll chat!!

PS- Prices are being adjusted effective March 15, so book now to be grandfathered into current pricing!

1 comments:

Jennifer McHam said...

Yaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!! We got so many great comments back about how talented you are - ALL TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be in The Woodlands this weekend - probably too short notice for pictures but would love to see y'all if you're free!!! We're coming in Sat. and staying til Tues. Only day we're busy is Sunday. (assuming this crazy weather doesn't keep us snowed in here in The Rock.) Hope to see you soon!!!
Jen

Post a Comment

{playing for change}

Search This Blog

{protect your karma!}

All images and content of this site belong to Tracy Genovese Robinson and {doe•ee•bird} photography and are protected under the federal copyright laws. It is unlawful to copy or reproduce images without written permission from the photographer.
And it's totally bad karma.

{pricing}

Pricing adjustments will be in effect effective March 15. Any 2010 sessions booked prior to March 15 will be grandfathered into current prices.

Networked Blogs

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP