Friday, February 11, 2011

{discombobulated}

Wow, haven't done one of these posts in a while!  But am feeling very discombobulated today, so I thought it was apropos. 

  • I am starting a behavior ticket system for the kids. If they do something exceptionally well (like get dressed for bed and brush their teeth by themselves without 5,456 reminders), they get a ticket. 10 tickets gets a reward. I announced the new system a few days ago, but haven't had time to actually make tickets, so they have all been verbal tickets.  I finally made the new tickets today, and at least one child who shall remain nameless is starting out in the red for a rather silly little temper tantrum this morning. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • I ran my first half marathon 2 weekends ago and apparently passed up former Houston Rockets Clyde Drexler. Nothing like beating a gold medalist on your first race :-) (Ahem- neither of our times were exactly fast, hee hee). I didn't even see him because I was too intent on the finishing line so I could STOP RUNNING. I decided around mile 9 I felt sorry for all the suckers that signed up for the full marathon and that I would never do anything that stupid.  Two days later I did something really stupid and signed up for a full marathon. March 2012 baby- I'll either be running it, walking it, or crawling it... but I'm all signed up to do it!
  • The guys that pick up our recycling ROCK. I need to make them brownies or something. Many a time, they have stopped the truck and waited for me as I run down the street in my jammies carrying huge boxes of recycleables... leaving a trail of paper behind me that they actually stop and help pick up. I know they don't have time to wait for people that can't get their trash out on time, but they do anyway. They are awesome.
  • Check out this sweet family. Mom is a former Art Director used to working with all kinds of photographers, and Dad is a photographer himself who is also a computer guru for Adobe ( you know- the makers of PHOTOSHOP)- so can you say NERVOUS? Yes, even though they were as sweet and genuine as could be, I was very, very nervous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

{playing for change}

Search This Blog

{protect your karma!}

All images and content of this site belong to Tracy Genovese Robinson and {doe•ee•bird} photography and are protected under the federal copyright laws. It is unlawful to copy or reproduce images without written permission from the photographer.
And it's totally bad karma.

{pricing}

Pricing adjustments will be in effect effective March 15. Any 2010 sessions booked prior to March 15 will be grandfathered into current prices.

Networked Blogs

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP